The Stem Cell Facelift
Over the decades, multiple procedures have been presented for rejuvenation of the face, most of them stressing the need for extensive surgery in the form of a facelift. In the last 10 years, use of soft tissue fillers has become a very popular avenue for temporary rejuvenation, or at least for creating the illusion of a younger, more rested, facial appearance.
While other centers claim to perform a "Stemcell Facelift," Dr. Giampapa and the Plastic Surgery Center Internationale have been in the forefront for over 5 years perfecting his technique and procedure. Here are the reasons patients come from all over the world to our center for the best cosmetic treatments with the latest stem cell technology:
- The technique used by Dr. Giampapa consists of a triple layer grafting technique with different growth factor combinations in the deep tissues, as opposed to just below the skin surface.
- The growth factors are patented by Dr. Giampapa and consist of FDA approved compounds. Dr. Giampapa is the only one in the world who presently uses them.
- Research completed this year at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey documented that the growth factors stimulate human mesenchymal stem cells to become fat cells.
- Following the procedure, all patients receive a special DNA cream which continues to improve the quality of the skin and improve stem cell function.
- 6 to 8 months after the procedure, patients receive a reinjection of growth factors during their office visit to restimulate and boost stem cell function.
- All patients receive a natural stem cell releasing compound (a natural algae product) the day of the procedure and for 3 days afterward to increase the stem cell numbers to the donor and recipient sites to improve the final results.
- Dr. Giampapa has a certified stem cell collection center where patients are offered the opportunity to collect and store their adult stem cells for future use in both cosmetic and anti-aging/regenerative procedures for the rest of their lives.
Now, with the advent of stem cell technology and a wealth of new information about the aging process in the face itself, Dr. Giampapa has created a revolutionary new procedure, termed a "Stem Cell Facelift".
The "Stem Cell Facelift" is a complete facial rejuvenation procedure without involving any surgery. This procedure has been practiced at the Plastic Surgery Center for the last 5 years. It works to restore the youthful contour and shape of the face as well as skin tightness and even out color irregularities caused by the aging process and environmental sun exposure. This technique frequently avoids, or reduces the need for repeated Botox and cosmetic filler injections.
Fat grafting to the face has been known and utilized for over a decade with varying amount of success from patient to patient. This new approach of transplanting "Adult Stem Cells" and fat from the lower abdominal or medial thigh area, and awakening them as well as the local stem cells within three layers of the face with specific stem cell growth factors, is a revolutionary technique of facial rejuvenation. The transplanted Fat cells, and particularly the Adult Stem Cells, are now known to be a source of "hormone-like" substances that enhance both skin quality and the underlying subcutaneous-fatty tissues of the cheeks, the mid face and the skin in general. These specific "Stem Cell Growth Factors" induce the skin and fatty layers to produce more of their own cells. The Factors stimulate or initiate "a signal" to both the local stem cells within the skin and fat as well as the transplanted adult stem cells from the lower abdomen to multiply and restore themselves. The result is a long-term marked improvement that enhances both skin quality as well as the underlying youthful contours of the face; a completely "NATURAL" result. The patients treated have exhibited marked improvement not only in the underlying soft tissue contours of the face but the skin texture and color.
Additionally, this technique treats the skin surface with a special solution to remove the effects of the aging process (i.e. sun damage and age spots), as well as restoring the age related volume loss in the mid or upper face.
“ I wanted to look and feel good about myself. It was just what I was looking for - a natural, younger version of me. ” - J.P., Los Angeles, CA, USA